It's Not All Flowers and Sausage
I found this blog on Scholastic's list of Top Educational Blogs. I really appreciated Mrs. Mimi's honesty in what she said. I think as an education major, I always hear the advantages of teaching, but I rarely hear the disadvantages. This teacher tells it how it is. Teaching is not always fine and dandy. There are definitely going to be those days when the class is out of control or things don't go exactly as planned.
I commented on her blog about technology (linked above). She discusses the input of technology in the school she used to teach at. However teachers were not properly taught how to use the technology provided for them. Other teachers commented on the advantages and disadvantages of the Smart Board in the classroom. My comment further added another educator's opinion about the Smart Board and technology in the classroom.
My comment has to be approved before it is posted to the blog, so below is the comment I added to this blog.
"I think the addition of Smart Boards in classrooms are great. However, how can teachers be expected to use the Smart Boards if the district does not provide teachers with training? The state is spending thousands of dollars on equipment that is only collecting cobwebs. There is a world of possibilities out there with all the new technological advances, but teachers are not provided with the proper resources to use them. Therefore, I believe that all teachers should be provided with training sessions for any new technology installed in classrooms."
No comments:
Post a Comment