Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blog #12 - The Future of Technology and Education

The Paperless School of the Future Is Here Now!


This article discusses the future paperless classroom. Teachers today average printing over 900 pages per year for students. Transitioning to a paperless classroom saves not only paper but time spent at the copy machines. School around the country have provided classrooms with PDA's. Teachers have found these very helpful for their ESL students still struggling to understand the English language. Some schools have also started using these PDAs for online examinations.


Classroom Technology for the Future

This article presents the various technology that will soon be seen in all classrooms across America. So far I have encountered computers, Smart Boards, and projectors. However I have never heard of "Elmos" which are a type of presentation system much like a projector.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea to go paperless. I am excited to see more and more schools make the switch to digital. But do you think that it will make it easier for students to cheat on tests and assignments if the school is digital?

    ReplyDelete