Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Reflection #12
I think it is interesting that in the age of a technological revolution, my old high school still does not have updated technology. Upon leaving my school, every teacher still used overhead projectors and I almost positive that only half (if not less) of the teachers have transitioned to document cameras. Many of the teachers at my high school have been there for 20+ years and thus are digital immigrants. Once my high school begins using more technologically advanced equipment I wonder if these teachers will be apprehensive to use this equipment? I also wonder if the students' grades will improve?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is sad when people fail to keep up with the times. I do not know anything about your school but I'm curious to know if the students grades are bad? Did you have a poor experience at the school? Would the use of technology equate to a direct increase in grades?
ReplyDelete-Tatro
I actually went to Kings High school which is a private college prep school. The grades were really great and we had some really smart people attending the school. I had a great experience and didnt mind the lack of technology. I am unsure whether technology would even impact the grades of students.
ReplyDeleteHow insightful of you to recognize that there could easily be a correlation between tech and grades. Because students are so used to technology at home, so if we take that away from them at school, it's like taking the fish out of water.
ReplyDelete