Thursday, October 13, 2011
Reflection #4
One of my biggest frustrations from my high school classes, were the teachers' NEED to play movies to "enchance" students' learning. During the normal school day I attended 4 classes. On some days 3 to 4 of my classes were spent watching movies that pertained to the information we were currently learning. However most of these films were not eduational documentaries or nonfiction movies. These were motion picture films. Some films were very beneficial to my learning, but many other films seemed rather unnecessary and rather served to save the teacher from the need to teach. Therefore as a future teacher, I will seek to minimize the number of unnecessary videos and films that I show in my classroom so that I do not waste precious teaching time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes, I think teachers use movies to keep the class entertained and to fill time, especially when they aren't prepared for their lesson. Perhaps I'll feel differently when I'm actually in the position, but at this point, I hope to never be that teacher either.
ReplyDelete