Thursday, October 13, 2011

Reflection #3

For 16 years of my life, I attended a private Christian school that was not necessarily technologically advanced in the classroom. My senior year of high school was my first experience hearing about a document camera or even a smart board. And I only heard about these technological advances after I visited Northwest University for a Northwest Friday. At my high school, each classroom was equipped with a overhead projector, a desktop computer, and a TV with a DVD and VHS player. However the teachers at my school utilized the technology that they were provided with in the classroom. Class lectures consited of powerpoint presentations and overhead slides. When we had class time to work on a research project or paper, we took a class trip to the school library, which had enough computers for the whole class. Therefore, even if a school is not as technologically advanced as others, the teachers should make sure to utilize the resources they do have to optimize the students' learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. I went to a similar type of high school. It was a public school, but the classrooms were equipped with the same amount (or lack there-of) of technology as yours. I agree that teachers should utilize whatever technological resources they are given, and they should do so in a way that benefits learning -- not just to get a day off from teaching. -Camille

    ReplyDelete