New Classroom Tech: Interactive White Boards
The Scholastic website includes many testimonials of teachers explaining how they use Active Boards in the classroom and why they like the Active Boards. The various teachers believe that the Active Boards play a crucial role in enhancing a students learning. The interactive white board engages the students in the activity that is being presented to them. The Active Board also allows students to use all of their senses. One teachers notes that even the older teachers at her school were excited to use the Active Boards in their classrooms.
Do some Active Boards allow multiple students to write on the Board at one time? If not what are ways teachers can keep the rest of the class focused while one student is working at the board?
I love the Scholastic website! They have so many resources that are very helpful. I had trouble finding places to look online, but this would have been a good place to look. I was also wondering about the use of more than one pen at a time on the board. I wonder if, because it is not a touch screen, it would? Also, I love your point about engaging the senses. That is a vital aspect of teaching and I agree that the activboard concept could really increase a teacher's ability to do so. Thanks for sharing, Angela
ReplyDeleteI also am addicted to the Scholastic website! They have so many resources for a wide variety of subjects. The idea of multiple modes of interaction is inspiring. I am not sure if there is currently any sources for that except for the remotes. ~ JoDee
ReplyDelete